The Scientific Journal of Forensic Medicine (SJFM) is a peer reviewed multi-Disciplinary medical publication scheduled to appear quarterly and publishes peer review, original articles, review articles and case reports. Researchers / authors interested in publishing their work in SJFM are strongly advised to read carefully and follow the uniform requirements for manuscripts submitted to SJFM:
1. The corresponding author must submit a cover letter on behalf of other authors that its publication has been approved by all its authors and coauthors and has not been previously published, nor is it under consideration for publication elsewhere.
2. Manuscripts should comply with the ethical standard recommended by the Helsinki Declaration.
3. Case reports: These manuscripts are short reports of original studies or evaluations or unique, first-time reports of clinical case series. Case reports should have a structured abstract using the following headings: context, introduction, case presentation, conclusion and key words.
4. Review articles: papers which report any authoritative reviews or descriptions of new ideas. These types of articles should have the following headings: abstract, introduction, methodology, discussion, conclusion and references.
5. The manuscript should be written in clear and concise Persian (abstract should be in English). All manuscripts should type double-spaced on one side of A4 size paper and the entire manuscript should not exceed more than ten pages using Microsoft Word for word processing.
6. Article should include title page, abstract, key words, introduction and materials, patients, methods, results, discussion, acknowledgement, references, tables, figures, and legends with regard to page numbering.
7. Title page should include title, full name (s) of the author (s) and their affiliation (s) and their contact information including full mailing address, E-mail, phone and fax numbers.
8. Abstract should not be more than 250 words and include aim(s), objectives, methods, results, conclusions and key words.
9. Introduction should be written on a new page with a brief account of the background work and clear statement of the aims and purposes. 10. Material and methods section should list materials and sources and concisely describe methods and procedures used.
11. Results: Legends for graphs and illustrations should be written on separate pages. Tables should be numbered with roman numerals and a brief title should be typed above each table. Figures / tables should not be larger than 18 x 12 cm.
12. Discussion: the discussion should be as concise as possible and be based on the data presented.
13. Acknowledgment section should include any grant or support received.
14. References: the authors are responsible for the accuracy of the bibliographic information. References should be numbered in the order of text citations. References must conform to the Vancouver Style.
15. The right is reserved to incorporate any changes deemed necessary by the editorial board to make contributions harmonize with the editorial standards of the journal.
16. Upon receiving the manuscript, it is subject to peer review by at least two renowned experts on the subject, then it will be sent to the corresponding author for proposed modifications and the new version of the manuscript will be peer reviewed for a second time.
Finally the editorial board will decide to accept or reject the article.
Submission and Publication Fee: